Project Manager – Commercial (Remote or Hybrid) St. Louis | Dallas | Portland
You are an individual with an architectural or interior design background who has focused your career on project management. As a Project Manager at Oculus, you will lead national accounts and manage quick-turnaround, commercial projects from conception to construction administration with a driving aesthetic to Connect | Shape | Move people, experiences, sensibilities, and spaces. Project types may include retail, restaurant, medical, commercial office, and industrial up to $50 million. You will push design thinking and technical excellence to ensure the finished project is built on time and to budget while meeting required standards. Some things you will do:
- Help prepare project proposals, fee estimates, and written scope of work documents
- Manage all phases of commercial architecture and interior design projects including programming and analysis, layout synthesis, and assist in developing construction documents for permitting
- Lead multi-site program rollouts, project tracking and reporting including financial performance, and managing MEP engineering sub-consultants
- Develop and maintain client relationships, for both single projects and multi-project national accounts
You should have 8 to 12 years of related experience and at least a bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited program. Licensure or registration preferred. You will be a highly organized individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Will your next project receive a Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards like this Oculus project, the Woodlark in Portland?
Oculus will tailor this role to your strengths and interests. You will experience greater job satisfaction mentoring less experienced staff members and learning from those with more experience. You can work from anywhere or you can work in the office two or more days a week at headquarters in Downtown St. Louis, our Dallas office nestled in the heart of the Arts District, or our Portland office.
Be part of our growth. We are leveraging advanced 3D modeling & rendering to grow and win more design-oriented projects.
Oculus is WBE-certified and is regularly honored with industry rankings and awards for architecture and design. Here is a look at a few:
- Design STL – 2022 Architect and Designer Awards Finalist – Commercial Restaurant category for Ruby Red’s BBQ and the Commercial Hotel category for Saltline Hotel
- Portland Architects – Best Industrial Architects 2021
- Louis Small Business Monthly – Winning Workplace 2021
- Dallas Architect – The Best Commercial Architects in Dallas 2020
Oculus fosters a people-centric culture, one where the cornerstones are flexibility, employee well-being, professional development, and giving back to the community.
- Get involved in pro bono and volunteer initiatives – Oculus supports the United Way
- Take advantage of CEU workshops and get the cost of membership dues and licensing fees covered
- Light up your 4th of July by visiting headquarters to watch one-of-a-kind fireworks against the iconic backdrop of the mighty Mississippi River and the breathtaking Gateway Arch
- Get help in times of need with Oculus’ Corporate Chaplaincy program
Salary starts at $80,000 but will be based on experience. Bonus opportunities are available. In addition to salary plus bonus, Oculus pays 100% of the staff member’s medical and dental insurance, offers life and disability insurance – STD and LTD, and a dollar-for-dollar 401k match of 4 percent. Additionally, internal growth is an important part of your total rewards – we offer a lessons learned and women’s mentorship program. OculusInc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer