Project Job Captain/Jr. Project Manager – St. Louis
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking candidates to serve in the design and production support position on project teams, with an interest in learning to take on additional team lead and project manager responsibilities. This position is targeted at people who have worked within the architectural profession for 2-6 years. Strong Revit skills and an interest in assisting with CD production are essential. This position will involve managing and working with project and programming data, synthesizing information into floor plans and space layouts, developing approved layouts into developed designs and assisting with the preparation of construction drawings for permit. This person will have an awareness and knowledge of building code and other design standards as well as an interest in good design and client satisfaction. Presently Oculus Inc. has needs for team members working on retail and commercial interiors projects, as well as some healthcare and government projects. Oculus deploys advanced technology and information tools throughout our work process. An interest in furthering the use of technology, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and/or working with object-based design within the architectural design process is important to our culture. Successful candidates should possess a well-rounded knowledge of the design/production and construction process, including the following skills, attributes, and credentials:
- Bachelors in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit is essential, and fluency in Revit modeling, CD production, and family creation would be a significant advantage.
- Experience assisting clients through the design and construction process.
- Experience with retail and commercial interiors projects, and familiarity with healthcare and governmental project types.
- Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools. Working knowledge of 3D rendering and BOMA calculations is useful.
- Team-oriented approach to project delivery, experience coordinating the work of other team members and consultants.
- Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
- Interest in sustainability or pursuing LEED certification.
- Ability to interpret space needs and program data, and convert it into workable floor plans.
- Ability to understand and manage workflow in coordination with project fees and billings.
- Interest in pursuing License in Architecture or NCIDQ certification
To apply for this job please upload your resume.