Marketing Assistant/Coordinator (Hybrid) – St. Louis
You are an individual with a marketing, communications or architecture or interior design background who has focused your career on marketing and communications. As a marketing assistant/coordinator at Oculus, you will assist our marketing department in coordinating all its marketing efforts including branding, social media, public relations, and client pursuits, which help us Connect | Shape | Move people, experiences, sensibilities, and spaces. Market types include commercial, education, government, hospitality, industrial, medical, retail, and workplace. Some things you will do:
- Work with Marketing Director & Sr. Marketing Specialist to assist in the execution of marketing and business development endeavors
- Develop and maintain marketing information systems, such as resumes, project experience lists, and project case studies, client files, mailing lists, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of qualifications, proposals, marketing correspondence, and marketing materials, including postcards, trifolds, and brochures
- Develop background research on target markets and potential clients
- Assist in production and assembly of marketing presentations and related documents
- Conduct research and write drafts for press releases, blogs, and social media entries
- Assist in updating website
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and executing company events and meetings
- Coordinate mailings
- Coordinate production, distribution and shipping of above materials and other client deliverables within required schedules
- Coordinate print production, collating, and binding for projects
- Maintain office contacts and marketing/communications database
You should have 2 to 3 years of related experience and at least an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Experience in Architecture/Interior Design/Engineering/Construction industry preferred. You will be a highly organized individual with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Other skills you need:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Cosential, WordPress, Blogger, etc.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling, and overall business/technical writing abilities; press release experience preferred with the ability to accurately proofread
- Graphic design capability with page layout skills and attention to visual details
- Website update skills desirable
- Responsive to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Good phone demeanor and helpful personality
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and with confidential information
Oculus will tailor this role to your strengths and interests. You will experience greater job satisfaction collaborating with a creative team, developing your skills, increasing your autonomy, and having a career path to follow. You can work in the office two or more days a week at headquarters in Downtown St. Louis, our Dallas office nestled in the heart of the Arts District, or our Portland office.
Be part of our growth. We are leveraging social media, new branding and PR initiatives, and advanced desktop publishing software to position the firm to win more design-oriented projects and expand our market presence. To do so, we need to increase the bench strength of our department to support Oculus Inc.
Oculus is WBE-certified and is regularly honored with industry rankings and awards for architecture and design. Here is a look at a few:
- Design STL – 2022 Architect and Designer Awards Finalist – Commercial Restaurant category for Ruby Red’s BBQ and the Commercial Hotel category for Saltline Hotel
- Portland Architects – Best Industrial Architects 2021
- Louis Small Business Monthly – Winning Workplace 2021
- Dallas Architect – The Best Commercial Architects in Dallas 2020
Oculus fosters a people-centric culture, one where the cornerstones are flexibility, employee well-being, professional development, and giving back to the community.
- Get involved in pro bono and volunteer initiatives – Oculus supports the United Way and other organizations
- Take advantage of CEU workshops and get the cost of membership dues covered
- Structure your work week with our flexible hybrid model
- Light up your 4th of July by visiting headquarters to watch one-of-a-kind fireworks against the iconic backdrop of the mighty Mississippi River and the breathtaking Gateway Arch
- Get help in times of need with Oculus’s Corporate Chaplaincy program
Salary will be based on experience. Bonus opportunities are available. In addition to salary plus bonus, Oculus pays 100% of the staff member’s medical and dental insurance, offers life and disability insurance – STD and LTD, and a dollar-for-dollar 401k match of 4 percent. Additionally, internal growth is an important part of your total rewards – we offer mentoring opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer