Project Architect / Designer / Job Captain (4-8 yrs) – St. Louis | Dallas | Portland
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking dynamic candidates to work in production with our project teams. These positions are targeted at people who have worked within the architectural profession for 4-8 years.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Working with project and programming data
- Synthesizing information into floor plans and space layouts
- Developing approved layouts into developed designs
- Assisting with the preparation of construction details and drawings for permit
- Travel will be REQUIRED for site surveys
The following Skills and Attributes are recommended:
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Preferred candidates will be on a track to architectural or interior licensure
- Working knowledge of the current version of Autodesk Revit is required, and fluency in Revit modeling, CD production, and family creation is essential.
- Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools.
- Working knowledge of 3D rendering and BOMA calculations is important.
- Knowledge of Interior architectural detailing skills.
- Experience and interest with retail and commercial interiors projects.
- Team-oriented approach to project delivery.
- Experience coordinating the work of engineering sub consultants and construction administration support.
- Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
- Ability to interpret space needs and program data, and convert it into workable floor plans.
- Ability to understand and manage workflow in coordination with project fees and billings.
- Knowledge if building systems, building codes and ADA requirements