Interior Designer – St. Louis & Dallas
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking an Interior Designer for a full time position. This position is targeted at individuals who have 4-8 years and are comfortable with meeting and working with clients along with selling our services.
- Participate in presentations to clients and prospective clients
- Engage in marketing activities to assist in business development by working with existing clients and fostering new clients
- Participate in all phases of design for multiple projects, collaborating with other team members and clients
- Participate in preparation of programs and space planning concepts
- Select and specify furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Select and specify finishes Adhere to construction budgets, design budgets and schedules
- Knowledge of material costs and staying current on design trends
- Detail interior construction and architectural millwork
- Preparation of construction documents and specifications
- Ability to work with outside consultants and coordinate documents with engineers
- Follow building codes and ADA guidelines
- Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
- Produce documents demonstrate competence and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or graduate from an accredited interior design program
- Proficient in Revit
- Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools.
- Experience assisting clients through the design and construction process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- State Licensure
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and knowledge of other modeling software such as Sketch Up, 3D Studio, preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus
Please provide a sample design portfolio or a link to your online portfolio with your résumé.