Architect 2 – St. Louis | Dallas
At Oculus Inc., our people are valued and empowered to grow, develop, and fulfill their career goals while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Oculus provides flexibility, a diverse project portfolio, and opportunity for advancement. Our inclusive, team-oriented, and open-door culture is centered around creating the best possible environment for our people to create and thrive.
We are looking to hire full-time a Project Architect for our Government and Healthcare Team, who is detail-oriented, creative, and excel in solving problems in 3-D, to join our St. Louis and Dallas offices.
- 5 to 10+ years of experience
- Licensed architect preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture from an accredited program.
- Proficient in Revit
- Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Has experience, a good understanding and knowledge of building code and other design standards as well as an interest in developing and maintaining quality drawings, and efficiencies within the office.
- Possesses a well-rounded knowledge of the design/production and construction process.
- Plans and develops various sized projects with many complexities, executes and coordinates project production internally as well as coordinates with other disciplines and sub-consultants.
- May supervise a small staff of architects and designers.
- Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields.
- Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
- Some travel for projects out of office may be required.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced Staff.
- Works with the office templates to maintain correct drawings, and improve efficiencies, and trains less experienced staff.
- Works with the Project Manager to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating staff assignments on various sized projects.
- Assists with QA/QC reviews during the project production on smaller-to mid-size projects and is responsible for insuring project follows current building codes, office and client standard.
- May serve as the PM on certain projects
- Experience in Government, Healthcare and Commercial project types preferred.
Please provide a sample design portfolio or a link to your online portfolio with your résumé.