Summer Architectural Intern
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking candidates to serve in design and production support positions on project teams lead by job captains and project managers. These positions will plotting, printing and assembling drawing sets; field surveying, documenting exiting conditions; assisting architectural, interior design, and/or marketing staff; and general project/library/office administrative functions. Presently Oculus Inc. has needs for support team member(s) working on healthcare, government and commercial projects of various types. Oculus deploys advanced technology and information tools throughout our work process. Successful candidates will have a comfort with and willingness to utilize these tools as they complete their work. An interest in furthering the use of technology, Building Information Modeling, (BIM) and or working with object based design within the architectural design process is important to our culture. Successful candidates should possess the following skills, attributes and credentials:
• College student currently pursuing Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
• Some working knowledge for Autodesk Revit is essential and fluency in Revit modeling or family creation would be a significant advantage.
• A working knowledge of other software such as 3D Studio Max, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools.
• A team oriented attitude.
• An interest in sustainability or LEED certification.
• A willingness to learn new skills and work flexibly on assignments as they are needed by the organization.
• An ability to interpret space needs and program data then convert it into workable floor plans.
• An interest in and or relevant experience with retail design, healthcare design, or interior architecture.
• The ability to organize tasks, set priorities and manage personal time.
• This position is targeted at college students.
To apply for this job please upload your resume.