Project Job Captain – St. Louis & Dallas
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking candidates to serve in the design and production support position on project teams. This position is targeted at people who have worked within the architectural profession for 1-5 years. Strong Revit skills and an interest in assisting with CD production is essential. This position will involve working with project and programming data, synthesizing information into floor plans and space layouts, developing approved layouts into developed designs and assisting with the preparation of construction details and drawings for permit. This person will have an awareness and knowledge of building code and other design standards as well as an interest in good design and client satisfaction. Presently Oculus Inc. has needs for team members working on commercial interiors, retail, and education projects. Experience with healthcare and government projects also a plus. Oculus deploys advanced technology and information tools throughout our work process. An interest in furthering the use of technology, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and/or working with object-based design within the architectural design process is important to our culture. Successful candidates should possess a well-rounded knowledge of the design/production and construction process, including the following skills, attributes, and credentials:
• Bachelors in Architecture or Interior Architecture
• Working knowledge of the current version of Autodesk Revit is essential, and fluency in Revit modeling, CD production, and family creation would be a significant advantage.
• Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools. Working knowledge of 3D rendering and BOMA calculations is important.
• Knowledge of Interior architectural detailing skills.
• Experience with retail and commercial interiors projects, and familiarity with healthcare and governmental project types.
• Team-oriented approach to project delivery. Experience coordinating the work of engineering sub consultants and construction administration support.
• Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
• Ability to interpret space needs and program data, and convert it into workable floor plans.
• Ability to understand and manage workflow in coordination with project fees and billings.
• Knowledge of building systems, building codes, and ADA requirements.
To apply for this job please upload your resume.