Jr. Interior Designer – St. Louis
Oculus Inc. is currently seeking an Interior Designer for a full time position. Primary responsibilities of this position include interior design as part of an architectural project team along with standalone interior design projects; preparation of construction documents, graphic presentations, coordination with engineering sub consultants and construction administration support; preparation of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E) documents. This position is targeted at individuals who have worked within the interior design profession for minimum of 2-3 years. NCIDQ certification is preferred. Strong Revit skills are essential. This position will involve creating design concepts, selecting finishes, presenting designs to clients and interacting with clients throughout the project, FF&E selections, working with project and programming data, synthesizing information into floor plans and space layouts, developing approved layouts into developed designs, assisting with the preparation of construction drawings for permit. An awareness and knowledge of building codes and other design standards as well as an interest in good design and client satisfaction is required. Presently Oculus Inc. has needs for team members working on commercial interiors, retail, and education projects, as well as some healthcare and government projects. Oculus deploys advanced technology and information tools throughout our work process. An interest in furthering the use of technology, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and/or working with object-based design within the architectural design process is important to our culture. Successful candidates should possess a well-rounded knowledge of the design/production and construction process, including the following skills, attributes, and credentials:
• Bachelors in Interior Architecture or graduate of an accredited interior design school.
• Working knowledge of the current version of Autodesk Revit is essential, and fluency in Revit modeling, CD production, and family creation would be a significant advantage.
• Working knowledge of other industry standard software such as AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS SharePoint and other software tools. Working knowledge of 3D rendering and BOMA calculations is important.
• Experience with retail and commercial interiors projects, and familiarity with healthcare and governmental project types.
• Experience assisting clients through the design and construction process.
• Team-oriented approach to project delivery, experience coordinating the work of other team members and consultants.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret space needs and program data, and convert it into workable floor plans.
• Ability to organize the work process, accurately evaluate the time necessary to complete the work, and communicate effectively across the team and with the client.
• Ability to understand and manage workflow in coordination with project fees and billings.
• Interior architectural detailing skills. Knowledge building systems, building codes and ADA requirements.
• Knowledge of design principles and aesthetics.
• Interest in pursuing NCIDQ certification.
Oculus Inc. (www.OculusInc.com) is a growing full service architectural firm serving multiple markets around the country. Our clients are large government entities, Fortune 50 companies, healthcare providers, major retailers, and select local market clients and businesses. We sustain client relationships through creativity, service, and solid performance. Our firm offers a solid package of benefits, an ethical professional work environment and supports our local communities with civic-minded philanthropic activities.
To apply for this job please upload your resume.